How to protect a laptop from fluid damageFixperts
Our experienced and highly trained technicians carefully troubleshoot and repair your device – normally while you wait. We use only high quality parts – just like the manufacturer installed – insuring a high quality repair that lasts the life of your device.
Imagine you’re sipping coffee and working on your laptop at the same time, just then your luck skips a beat and the coffee is all over your laptop. The mere thought of it gives you chills, doesn’t it? So, how can you prevent the inevitable?
Sustaining liquid damage is something you hope never happens to your laptop, yet it remains one of the main reasons for machine failure. Water and other fluid damage can often lead to extensive repairs or worse, total machine replacement. As weird as it seems, you cannot avoid the spilling of tea, water, coffee or juices on your laptop accidentally. These spills can kill your laptop immediately or it may also result in the laptop becoming unresponsive. So if you’ve spilled something on your laptop, make sure the laptop is turned off immediately to avoid the bridge from damaging anything.
Before you start worrying about your laptop, let us look for the ways through which you can protect your laptop from fluid damage. So let’s get to it!
- Avoid drinking liquids near your workspace while using your laptop. Keep the bottle or mug a bit far from the laptop so as to prevent it from being knocked or spilled accidentally.
- Prevent keeping your water bottle or any liquid bottle with your laptop in the backpack. Moreover, the condensation from the bottles can also cause corrosion on major internal components.
- The most promised way to protect your laptop and its data from fluid damage is always having a backup plan. Consider purchasing an external hard drive or using cloud storage with Google Drive, iCloud Drive, and Microsoft OneDrive.
- One of the common ways and easiest ways so as to say is getting a laptop bag or sleeve for extra protection. Even though the fabric may not fully protect your device from larger spills, but can act as a barrier for small ones.
The question now is what should you do if you have already spilled liquid on your laptop? Here are a few tips to help you through that as well –
- In case of a large spill on your laptop, the first and foremost thing you have to do mandatorily is turn off the laptop and disconnect it from its power source immediately. Time is very much of the essence because if the liquid touches the circuits on the laptop while they are active, your laptop will most probably short out.
- Wipe off any residual liquid on the laptop. This will minimize your laptop’s exposure to more liquid and decrease the risk of an electrical shock.
- It is necessary to unplug all the external hardware like items like USB devices, memory cards, controllers and the laptop charger when any liquid in a small or large amount is spilled on your laptop to prevent further damage.
- One of the other ways you can avoid serious damage to your laptop is leaving it alone for a day at least. Using a hairdryer for drying your laptop is not the better option as it can damage the laptop further more. So, to prevent that from happening, it is advised to keep your laptop untouched to let it dry completely.
If your laptop needs any kind of repair, Fixperts Shop is your go-to repair shop. We replace laptop screens, hard disks, RAM and motherboards, and offer all other types of laptop repair services. For more information, call us on our Toll Free number – 80081 or visit us at our office on Level 2, Mall of the Emirates, Dubai.