How to fix your charger port?Fixperts
Mobile phones are arguably the most important devices we have today, to the extent that they’re always on our person. Like any other wireless device, our cell phones run out of battery too, and require frequent charging.
Imagine plugging in your phone at 5%, a phone call expected within an hour, and communication on hold – and it doesn’t charge. It’s a fairly terrifying situation, isn’t it? Before you ensue a state of panic, try the options we’ve put together below to see if your charger works, and its port can be fixed.
- Try a different power source: Sometimes, the fault may not be with the port, but with the power source. Try plugging your phone into a different plug point to see if that works. There’s a chance there might be an electrical fault in the initial one.
- Try using a different charger: If the plug point change doesn’t work, there might be an issue with the charging cable. Cables go through a lot of twisting and wrapping, which may cause wire breakage and damage to its functions, hence not being able to charge your phone anymore.
- Check your adapter: If your wire and power source are fine, the third component, i.e. the adapter might be faulty. Remove the cable from the adapter port to check if it’s burnt. That could be the reason for your phone not charging, and using a different adapter might do the trick.
- Switch off or restart your phone: Sometimes, the problem can be with your phone’s software acknowledging that your phone is receiving power from the charger. Switching it off or rebooting it might solve this problem, and it will then respond to the charger.
- Check your phone’s charging port: Mobile phones are often kept in bags and pockets carelessly, with little to no protection of the charging port. This could mean dust accumulation, which could prevent your phone from charging. Take a flashlight and shine it into your phone’s charging port. If you can see dust, or anything intrusive, clean it with a soft toothbrush or a Q-tip.
After trying all of this, if your phone still doesn’t charge, you might need to get it checked by a professional. At Fixperts Shop, we offer all kinds of mobile repair services in Dubai, UAE, including charging port services, replacement of shattered screens, and camera repair. You can contact us by calling us on our Toll Free number – 80081, or visiting our office on Level 2, Mall of the Emirates, Dubai.